If you’re about to get your wisdom teeth out, you may be feeling nervous or overwhelmed. At Kinross Drive Dental, we are a trusted family dental practice near Currambine, and we want the best for you, and your smile. While every wisdom tooth removal surgery is different, there is some general advice you can follow to make sure you’re prepared. Our professional team uses advanced equipment and techniques to perform an accurate removal with reliable outcomes.
What should I do?
– Be honest about any over-the-counter and prescribed medications that you take. It is also important to be truthful about recreational drug and alcohol use. This is for your safety, and will help your dentist avoid any complications.
– Make sure you book time off work/school. It might take up to 24 hours for the anaesthesia to wear off, because of this, you should book at least two days off work or school. After the initial two-day recovery, it will take between one and two weeks for your mouth to heal completely.
– Get things prepared for when you get home post-surgery, make sure you have somewhere comfortable to rest, as well as entertainment options (books, movies, video games) since you will be resting for a couple of days. It is also important to stock up on the right food for when you return home. Soft, healthy foods that don’t need chewing, such as smoothies and soups, are ideal.
– Wear comfortable clothes on the day. Make sure you have someone with you who will be able to drive you home after your surgery.
– Ask your dentist questions. Every wisdom tooth removal is different, so your dentist may have requirements or suggestions for you.
Don’t hesitate to ask your wisdom teeth removal dentist near Currambine and Clarkston any questions you may have about wisdom tooth removal, recovery, or any other questions you may have.
What shouldn’t I do?
– It is important to make sure that you don’t eat or drink for at least 8 hours before surgery. The risk of being administered anaesthesia on a “full stomach” is regurgitation and subsequent obstruction of your airway. This is a very serious complication, so it’s important that you do not risk eating/drinking.
– It is important not to smoke for at least 12 hours prior to your surgery, as well as not smoking after your surgery. This is important for general dental health, as well as to make sure your recovery from your wisdom tooth removal surgery is as quick and effective as possible.
What else do I need to know?
At your first appointment, you will have the necessary diagnostics done, such as X-Rays along with a thorough evaluation to understand how your wisdom teeth are placed. The extraction is performed once the tooth socket is widened. After it has been removed, dissolvable stitches are applied so that you don’t have to have them removed.
The procedure takes about 30-60 minutes depending on how many wisdom teeth you are having removed.
If you’ve spent time searching, “wisdom teeth removal dental clinic near me,” we may be able to help you. At Kinross Drive Dental, we have a range of payment plans in order to make life a little bit less stressful. We are preferred providers for all major health funds, as well as accepting Medicare bulk billing for CDBS eligible children. We also accept Humm and Afterpay, so you can smile now, pay later. We want to make Wisdom Teeth Removal costs near Currambine, Kinross and Clarkston as accessible for as many people as possible.
If you are looking for a caring, professional and experienced dentist near Currambine, Kinross and Clarkson, then look no further. To hear more about how we can help you, book an appointment, or call us on (08) 6201 6555.